You Don’t Need a Title to be a Leader: How Anyone at Any Level Can Make a Positive Difference
Speaker: Mark Sanborn, CSP, CPAE
Bestselling author of The Fred Factor and You Don’t Need a Title to be a Leader
Favorite Quotes from the Session
“Marketing creates demand, not a sale”
“Having a title does not make you a leader”
- Leadership is Positive Influence
- Leaders can be identified by their ability to inspire others to be better
- A leaders purpose is to grow people
Six (6) Skills of Leadership
- Leadership begins with Self Mastery. You must first be an example before you can lead others. Everything you do promotes or pollutes. Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Focus your time and expertise on your most valuable activities. Then focus your team’s time and expertise on the most valuable activities. Create shared focus.
- Leaders have power with people, not over people
- Managers tell people what to do; Leaders sell people on doing it.
- Your success is based on your execution. Say what you are going to do, and do what you say.
- Leaders focus more on what they give than on what they get.
Your Legacy will be what you give, not what you get.
Mark provided the following link to conference attendees to learn more: