How to Shift Perceptions Through Re-branding: A Case Study
Speaker: Howard Wolff, FSMPS – WATG
Favorite Quote from the Session
“Your brand is not what you say it is, it is what they say it is.”
Your brand is the perception, over time, of what other people think of your company
The Re-branding Process:
- Discovery Phase – Using surveys to learn who your clients and others in the industry think you are. Research your competitors and identify what others in the industry think of them.
- Brand Core – Who do you want to be? Identify your mission, vision, values, and guiding principles.
- Invitation – Open the re-branding process to all groups in the company, including shareholders, satellite offices, corporate staff, and employees.
- Brand Strategy – How are you going to shift perceptions?
- Visual Identity – Company name, logo, colors, etc…
- Internal Alignment – Ensure the leadership aligns with the new brand, educate everyone in the company on who the company is going to be in the market.
- Launch! – Tell the world, show the world, ensure that clients experience your brand
- Aligned Organization – Reinforce, Reinforce, Reinforce